Tuesday, June 1, 2010

870 Receiver Blueprints

Humahuaca, the party does not have time (the photos will upload within a couple of days because here I can not download)


Humahuaca, a kitchen, a beautiful kitchen with no refrigerator in the home of Iris and Rafo. Adorable couple, old couples known, one could almost say it's a couple of friends, especially after the reception that I did after more than 4 years from the first and only time we met.
They remembered me, my friends and I also remember things we did, and apparently kept the same good feeling that I had left to me after know.
"Come, sit. Let's take a few mates and scum" Lily said with his warm voice, after having to go very close to me and ask me to talk more to try to remember my voice, because its principle of blindness forced her to sharpen their senses of hearing and touch as she says sympathetically, almost without concern.

Lily's chair in the dining room, beside the long table
Soon Rafo appears. Sale of the workshop (s luthier Andean wind instruments, they say: the best of the area, as well as an excellent musician) with his demeanor and quiet Sérent sat in the chair was left empty at the long table, and after a long chat invite me to his birthday celebration (the two met on the same day). "I guess you'll stay until Saturday, right?" Lily told me. The truth was not in my plans, but I could not say no, I really wanted to participate in this event to paint very well, with guests coming from afar to greet the couple crazy.
And so, after two days of waiting he arrived Saturday. The preparations had begun the day before, on Friday night and Rafo Lily went to spend the night at your local food that is a few blocks from the house locro start preparing. 14 hours of cooking pusiron you! From one o'clock on Saturday until three in the afternoon Rafo, and quite "Machao" because the first carboys were opened between guitars and drums at eleven o'clock, he went to the place and returned with a giant clay pot with more than 100 parts locro for all the guests who were falling early.
Live music did not stop, while some ate, others were playing, but not stopped. Some very good musicians, others sounded the hype at the wrong time always assuming they had no idea how it was played, but always feeling it.

One night on the streets of Humahuaca
locro
After Rafo fell. Went without sleep all night and it came painted purple lips and knocked him collapsed in bed at four o'clock in the afternoon. Lily always steadfast in his seat but could not get up assuming that it would fall, but always with laughter, healthy laughter.
anecdotes of the honoree and his "godmother" (as she called it) entertained the guests who came and went because everyone had to travel long distances to feast.
Unable to keep up, and that the Domingo Hermanos always been a good partner for me, I decided to go find the rest of my traveling companions, who told me that would be arriving that Saturday afternoon at Humahuaca and I do not want to miss the reunion. We became the top ten, more Delfi who joined a few days ago.
And so, I found them and spent the night in the guesthouse where they are stopping, nine of the eleven sleeping in sleeping bags in a room of four by four. It seems impossible, but it is a great way to kill the bitter cold of the night in Humahuaca.

Much of the band, warming with the morning sun in front of the pension
morning I wake up and return to the home of Iris and Rafo. Incredible! would be about ten in the morning and the room was crowded, live music, open jugs, Rafo who had risen to seven in the morning and had breakfast with Fernet, mesmerizing melodies playing their flutes together with family and friends with guitars, Lily going to sleep, since Friday morning that she did and was serving 56 years and the first noon locro dishes were already warming up in the pot. I sat at the table, poured myself a glass, and listening to these amazing musicians I waited to leave the locro. A party! Some pics


FOR A WHILE TRAVELING

From Salta to Jujuy on Route 9 "Cornice" Forest and cliff (what is left of the photo are very treetops high)


Heaven Tilcara



Another homes in Tilcara


Delphi, Gonza and French in the kitchen, workshop room, Gonza


The "crazy" Paul, with his helmet World War II. A relic that gave us to travel to Jujuy, we did more than 200 kms in one day. The longest run so far and with someone in tow, the 100 cm3 of the enduring black


Ger, Cata and Luqui in action the steps of Humahuaca


0 comments:

Post a Comment